Monday 16 July 2007

Woman in Mind - cast report

I thought I'd spare a moment to say something about my wonderful cast. Most of them are experienced players, although not all have trod the Progress stage before, and some haven't been seen for a while. Matt Stevens, though, who plays Bill, will be familiar to anyone who's seen A Midsummer Night's Dream in the Abbey Ruins this year.

In that play, he got to play Snug, the joiner, who emerges as the roaring lion. Here, he's playing an equally fearsome doctor, ineffectually trying to care for Susan after her bump on the head. He can't accuse me of type-casting, however, since the last time I saw him was when we were working together on People in Cages. There he got the chance to play a Killer, locked in a cage, pacing like a trapped animal. Maybe he was type-cast in the Dream instead...

More to come, including yet more members of the talented Dream cast. Have you seen that show yet? Make sure to book your tickets soon!

No comments: