Wednesday 11 May 2011

Enjoy rehearsals

All My Sons by Arthur Miller is running until Saturday 14th May. There are still tickets left so don't miss the chance to see this brilliant emotionally gripping play.


Meanwhile rehearsals are progressing for the next show, Enjoy by Alan Bennett. I'm going to struggle with posting about this show as I keep being told interesting titbits followed by "oh but you can't write that in the blog it'll spoil the plot". So what can I tell you? It was first performed in 1980 and this production is set in that period but director Peter Charles said the look will be "more beige tank-tops than Toni Basil". It is set in Leeds and to my southerner's ear the actors seemed to be making a good job of the Yorkshire accents.

LIz Carroll and Tom Sellwood 'Enjoy' rehearsing their dance moves

The production requires a number of extras - these are non speaking parts but need to be reasonably young and strong. If you are interested and free 6th - 11th June and the weekend before for final rehearsals then contact Peter on enjoy@groovechild.co.uk.

The other thing I'm going to struggle with for this production is not making terrible word plays on the title - I'll do my best!


If you are interested in what goes on at Progress Theatre then sign up to this blog. Enter your email in the box under ‘about us’ and click on subscribe. New postings are made weekly so you won’t be swamped with emails. 

Coming up...

All My Sons by Arthur Miller runs until 14th May 2011

Enjoy by Alan Bennett 6th - 11th June 2011

Progress Youth Theatre Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas 4th - 11 July 2011

Open air production The Tempest by William Shakespeare 23rd - 30th July 2011

See Progress Theatre website for details of all our productions and auditions.

No comments: